The Church of the Good Shepherd
164 Newtown Rd in Acton, MA 01720
Newtown Road in Acton starts at Route 27 and continues all the way into Littleton, where it turns into Fort Pond Hill Rd.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM RT. 495,
- Take EXIT 29A, which is the exit for ROUTE 2 EAST, heading towards Boston, Concord, etc..
- After you get on ROUTE 2 EAST, take the very first exit (EXIT 41, Newtown Road. Beware, there is also a Newtown Road in Littleton.) When you come off the exit, head NORTH, towards Littleton.
- Take THE RIGHT HAND TURN which comes up in about 1200 feet from RT. 2. This is FORT POND HILL Rd. There is a sign – marker for COGS (Church of the Good Shepherd, an Episcopal Church) at the beginning of this road.
- After about 500 feet, Fort Pond Rd turns into NEWTOWN RD, when you cross the town line, from Littleton to Acton.
- The church is up this road about ¼ mile. There is a big parking lot with lots of parking spaces.
MAP FROM RTE 495
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM RT. 95, take EXIT 29B – ROUTE 2 WEST.
- Stay on Route 2 WEST about 8 miles until you come to EXIT 42 – ROUTE 27. This exit takes you to Route 27, where
- you head NORTH (to the right).
- After about ¼ mile you will come to a town green area with a big OBELISK. When you see the obelisk,
- take a LEFT onto NEWTOWN RD. There should be an Episcopal Church sign marker there.
- Go down Newton Road about ½ mile and you will come to the Church of the Good Shepherd, at 164 Newton Road, where you will see a big parking lot. That’s where you park your car.
MAP FROM RTE 2
NOTE: There are several other ways to get to the church.
- You can take Taylor Road off Route 2 to Route 27 to Newtown Road…
- Or Route 2A to Route 27 South, where you drive ½ mile to the Obelisk, then take a right on to Newtown Road, and ½ mile to the Church of the Good Shepherd.
- OR, you just let your GPS take you to the church